AMD vs. Intel

Jonathan Perkin sketch at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 10:51:13 BST 2001

On Fri Sep 28, 2001 at 02:07:23PM +0100, Martin Smith wrote:

> I have been using a variety of AMD chips for some years, just make
> sure you get the best fans, see www.overclockers.co.uk for a good
> selection, someone also mentioned cyrix, just forget them.

Just FYI, I will happily be never buying a single thing from
overclockers anymore, after a friend had a horrendous experience
with them - basically they shipped him a completely crapped out CPU,
then when he tried to get it replaced/refunded/whatever, they
insisted it was his fault and proceded to ignore his subsequent