Your Advice: Low Grade/Cost Server Parts

Flash Wilson flash at gorge.org
Mon Oct 1 08:59:42 BST 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 08:47:29PM +0100, Aled Morris wrote:

> I have no relationship with Watford, and I'd welcome any comments others
> might have if you have shopped with them (good?  bad?) before I send off
> my money!

They are good value, provide good PC support lines (although if
you dont run windows, they wont understand) and dont insist you
buy a copy of Windows which you dont want.

However of the 3 machines I have bought from them, one went
astray for several months and I had to call them on numerous
occasions. They gave me conflicting information ("oh yes, we
shipped it yesterday..." "should ship it tomorrow...") and
they claimed they had sent new boxes out 3 or 4 times. Each
time it didnt reach me (it only had to travel across London!)
they said they had to get the money back from the carrier before
they could send out a new one. When I paid my money weeks ago,
that isnt good.

But they are cheap, the boxes run fine, and my flatmate has
also had several boxes delivered without a problem, so Id guess
my situation was an anomaly. Order online (no delivery charge)
but then ring to ensure they got the order!

Good luck.
--
Flash Wilson, UNIX Sysadmin