AVI

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Nov 27 10:35:09 GMT 2001

Hmm, vlc is for MPEG encoded stuff.  I checked out avifile and mplayer,
both of which appear to have massive support for a large number of movie
formats (I had NO IDEA there were so many!), but unfortunately both have
trouble with the particular codec my file was encoded with (ATI
VCR2).  mplayer at least knows about it and it is listed on their "codec
progress" list as "segfaults", which it does :)  With any luck they will
fix the support soon...

Thanks for all the advice!