CD subscriptions, post-WindRiver

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.com
Thu Nov 22 00:43:34 GMT 2001

--On Wednesday, November 21, 2001 23:14:17 +0000 Scott Mitchell
<scott.mitchell at mail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:09:36AM +0000, Christopher Raven wrote:
>> OK all,
>> I will burn disks at cost (+ a pint of beer ;) for anyone who wants them
>> if  that sounds OK ?
>
> Sounds most generous :-)  I could do that myself though... my main reason
> for keeping up buying the CDs sets has been to make a contribution to The
> Project (to ease my guilt at so rarely being motiviated to write any code
> that I'm not paid for).
>
> I assume that some part of the proceeds from the FreeBSD Services DVDs
> goes to fund further FreeBSD development?

Since you've raised the question maybe I should say a few things about
FreeBSD Services Ltd.

If we had such a thing as a mission statement then it would be to promote
the use of FreeBSD, to further develop it so it is more useful to more
people and to grow awareness of it in the industry and in the marketplace.

So, basically we don't do anything other than try to make FreeBSD more
successful, both in terms of developing the OS and in terms of promoting it.

Our staff is made up entirely of FreeBSD committers, including one of the
project's founder members and two of it's leading developers.

All money that we make therefore goes directly to supporting the project
since that's by definition what we do.

We're not a company that's trying to make money off the back of FreeBSD,
we're a company trying to make money so that we can spend it on developing
FreeBSD.

Paul Richards
FreeBSD Services Ltd
http://www.freebsd-services.com