pty's

Brian Somers brian at freebsd-services.com
Wed Nov 21 03:59:52 GMT 2001

> Is there any way to get more than 255 pty's on a box running 4.3?

All of the pseudo-tty allocation code *should* now be going through
the openpty() in libutil (src/lib/libutil/pty.c), so it's feasible
that adjusting the cp1 & cp2 loops in there will have the desired
results (after rebuilding/installing the world).

You'll probably need to adjust /etc/ttys too, but I *think* that's
about it.

--
Brian <brian at freebsd-services.com>                <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>