Flash and BSD

Ben Paley rambhai at harpincher.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 22:48:36 GMT 2001

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 12:23 am, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> > If you start using Opera, do send them an email telling them you're
> > running it on BSD and when will the native port be available please?  :-)
>
> I've just mailed them about it ;).
>
> Joe

I like Opera in Windows, and I'll certainly mail them about a bsd version.

I didn't even know there was a flashplugin-mozilla port... a good argument
for cvsuping the ports a bit more regularly. But sadly it doesn't work: every
time it encounters a page with flash it just vanishes, taking every other
mozilla window with it, so I don't have any idea what's going wrong or what
to do about it. I had to uninstall it: even the annoying message about
downloading is preferable to everything simply vanishing. Is there some sort
of configuration I need to do?

In the mean time, Linux Netscape 6.2, I guess. How likely are NS to give us
bsd binaries any time soon?

	Thanks a whole lot for all your help, I really appreciate it.
	Cheers,
	Ben