Flash and BSD

Ben Paley rambhai at harpincher.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 08:49:13 GMT 2001

Original Message:

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:34:52 +0000
From: Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell at mail.com>
<snip>
What's Microsoft got to do with it?  AFAIK frames have been a standard part
of HTML for years now.  Annoying and unnecessary?  Sure, sometimes.  But
not actually evil, I think... let's keep that for sites that *require*
Flash :-)
<snip>

...yes, but... does anyone have any idea how to get the flash plug-in to work
with mozilla 0.9.5? I've been trying for ages - I can't even do make install
(of the flashplugin port, this is) because it expects netscape, but I can't
install netscape because 4.7 whatever is forbidden on a security issue, and
there are no v6 binaries for bsd... what, do I have to run Linux versions to
see flash in my browser?
	Thanks,
	Ben