regarding our website

Brian Somers brian at freebsd-services.com
Sun Nov 18 20:49:14 GMT 2001

On a more general note, I think it's time to move these web pages to
storm.FreeBSD.org.uk.  Doing this will mean the following:

  1.  ukug members don't have a http://ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org/~user web
      presence any more.  This is the only downside that I can see.

  2.  Keeping the web pages updated can become a UK community driven
      process.  Many people don't have an account on storm, but
      submitting web page patches that are generally approved will be
      grounds for getting an account and a commit bit - in pretty
      much the same way that the main FreeBSD project itself works.

  3.  The server is ``secure''.  From a project perspective, we need
      to ensure that the content of all domains under .FreeBSD.org is
      under the FreeBSD project's control.

  4.  A ukug-committers mailing list will be created and will be open
      for subscription to the general public.  This will expose web
      page updates to a ``healthy'' level of scrutiny - a good thing
      IMHO.

Assuming there aren't any violent objections, I'd suggest the
following people as candidates for commit bits for the ukug web pages:

  Lee Johnston
  Hiten Pandya
  Josef Karthauser

I'm completely open to further suggestions on the subject.

Cheers.

--
Brian <brian at freebsd-services.com>                <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>