ISDN adaptors for dual channel

Brian Somers brian at freebsd-services.com
Sat Nov 17 14:30:53 GMT 2001

> I've just been asked to do a FreeBSD firewall with the twist that
> they want DUAL CHANNEL ISDN. In the past I've only touched
> nasty cheap external TAs for one channel.
>
> The bloke asking me already uses Eicon Diva s which I note are
> newly supported in an experimental kind of way.
>
> So bearing in mind the speed requirement can I use that card or
> should I recommend something else and if so what ?

Any supported ISDN card will work.  The tricky bit is finding an ISP
that will give you a bundled connection.  The only people that I know
of that will do this are Easynet.  Demon can do it, but only make the
service available to their testers AFAIK.

> I assume 4.4 still has the IPFILTER kernel option giving me
> something I am familiar with from other BSDs.

Aye.

> (And yes I have checked that ADSL isn't an option.)

Bummer.

--
Brian <brian at freebsd-services.com>                <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>