The Ports Tree -up-dating

Danny Horne danny at clifftop.net
Sun Nov 11 09:49:09 GMT 2001

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:43:24 +0000
dom at happygiraffe.net (Dominic Mitchell) wrote:

> Please count this as a vote against such a proposal.  Reply-To on
> mailing lists is an evil concept (Google for "Reply-To considered
> harmful").
>
> -Dom

Too much to read on the subject, my own HO is that questions to a public
list should be answered publically, for the benefit of everyone
subscribed to that list.  I'm not going to fluff around hitting
<reply-group> & then removing all unnecessary email addresses so that my
replies only get sent to the list address, & as such you, & everyone I
reply to on this list will get 2 copies of my reply (which I find
irritating).
--
Danny Horne <danny at clifftop.net>