US Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem

Martin Smith martin at chiron-s.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 22:55:34 GMT 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:01:48PM -0000, Jon Mercer wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is anyone successfully using a US Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem with FreeBSD?

funny you should mention that modem, I have had no end of problems with one of them, well 2, the first was replaced by 3com as it failed to dial after 2 days, the replacement goes into some kind of terminal loop when negociating and never connects, they dont make 'em like they were a few years ago, I have come to the conclusion that they are just rubbish now

--
Martin Smith