[EBUG] Re: a bit of info

Paul Robinson paul at akita.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 13:22:17 GMT 2001

On Nov  1, Brian Somers <brian at freebsd-services.com> wrote:

> It seems that the hotel has quoted us *more expensive* rates than
> they quote on their web site.

In the past I've found that a lot of hotel chains (not sure about Thistle)
will give you even *deeper* discounts if you use one of those telephone
things that the youngsters are so keen on these days - mainly because they
suspect you're phoning around and if the hotels are pretty empty, they want
your custom very badly.

I once got a 20% discount on a hotel in Edinburgh because their website was
sluggish, so phoned them up instead - didn't mention I'd looked at their
website. I wasn't going to argue, but it was slightly suprising. Always
worth phoning around, and at the last minute you'll get a good discount, but
you run the risk of all the hotels being booked out with some conference
(sic).