i4bisppp - is it important/required?

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Sat May 26 23:46:08 BST 2001

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 10:33:58PM +0100, Sam Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Neil Ford wrote:
> > ithe following error;
> >
> > linking kernel
> > i4b_isppp.o: In function `i4bispppattach':
> > i4b_isppp.o(.text+0x171): undefined reference to `sppp_attach'
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > If I comment out the i4bispp device from the kernel it builds, install and
> > boots fine.
>
> [snip]
>
> > # network driver for sync PPP over ISDN; requires an equivalent
> > # number of sppp pseudo-devices to be configured
> > #pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"      4
>
> Assuming that should be enabled, it looks like you're a device missing -
> is there an option called sppp ? I don't have a FBSD box with source on
> it handy ATM, but an sppp option exists on this OBSD box and looks like
> it might be what you want.

Sam

Thanks for the pointer, that was indeed the problem. A quick search through
the LINT source turned up an sppp psuedo device. A quick inclusion of that
and uncommenting the i4bisppp have allowed me to compile a booting kernel.

I am now a happy bunny.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited