PPP ISDN Dual Channel Issues. [LONG]

Simon Griffiths simon.g at claycrossbs.co.uk
Thu May 24 09:47:42 BST 2001

Well, I've just got off the phone to Demon tech support and they insist that
all of the various pieces of equipment will talk to each other and channel
bond on demand.  Now, this is the fun part, two weeks ago a representative
of Demon Internet informed me that bandwidth on demand was not a supported
feature and that bringing a channel up on demand would not work. Now this
gentleman I've just spoken to insists that 128k channel bonding was brought
into service for this reason specifically and insists they have numerous
users using channel bonding on operating systems ranging from linux right
through to windows and solaris.  I guess the contradiction that comes from
Demon technical support just shows how far Demon have gone to becoming just
another 'gis your money' ISP. I feel this is such a shame as I once really
respected them both technically and on service.

Ho Hum, I guess the world moves on.... ...So Who can recommend a surftime
friendly ISP as I've been looking to move ISP's at home for awhile.  It
seems due to politics though work will have to stay with Demon for at least
another year...

Si.