[fwd] Re: PPP ISDN Dual Channel Issues. [LONG]

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Wed May 23 17:33:27 BST 2001

[Must remember that this list doesn't default the reply-to to itself.
Probably should work out how to handle that in Mutt - Neil]

----- Forwarded message from Neil Ford <neil at ourshack.com> -----

Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:28:22 +0100
From: Neil Ford <neil at ourshack.com>
To: Brian Somers <brian at awfulhak.org>
Subject: Re: PPP ISDN Dual Channel Issues. [LONG]

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 02:53:31PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > Crikey!  Well thats stopped that idea then.  At least management will be
> > happy because the phone bill will be lower :-)
> >
> > Also you mentioned that sometimes it works, this would explain my initial
> > tests which seemed to work intermittently.  Ho Hum.
> >
> > Many thanks Brian for coming back to us. I feel this is a shame though as
> > demon certainly gave us the impression it used multilink and this sort of
> > setup would be fine.
>
> Yes.  When I got my account originally (4 months ago or so) I was
> under the impression that multi-link worked, but when I asked them
> directly about it failing they said that it's not currently supported.
>
> A friend of mine is having a lot of success with multi-link on
> Demon's test equipment, so it may become available RSN - who knows :)

It's a shame Demon advertise 128K ISDN on their website then isn't it? :-)

It was the first thing I checked when Simon originally posted this morning.

Check out http://www.demon.net/helpdesk/numbers/numbers.shtml it's clearly
listed. But then with all the recent horror stories I've been hearing about
Demon, this doesn't suprise me.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited

----- End forwarded message -----