PPP Dial-in problems

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Mon May 21 16:15:33 BST 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 03:23:14PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> You usually need to connect to the modem and do a few ATs to train it
> to the correct speed:
>
> # ppp
> ppp ON machine> set device /dev/cuaa0
> ppp ON machine> set speed 115200
> ppp ON machine> term
> deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa0
> Type `~?' for help
> AT
> OK
> AT
> OK
> ~.
> ppp ON machine> quit
>
> I've recently added this to the RECEIVING INCOMING PPP CONNECTIONS in
> the man page.

Ummmm.... that might answer a few things.

The machines are running 4.2-RELEASE, so they don't have the latest files
on them. Time to snaffle those of my 4.3-STABLE box I think.

More play required. Just wish I could get all the kit in one location, save
running between office to check various responses.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited