PPP Dial-in problems

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Mon May 21 15:23:14 BST 2001

You usually need to connect to the modem and do a few ATs to train it
to the correct speed:

# ppp
ppp ON machine> set device /dev/cuaa0
ppp ON machine> set speed 115200
ppp ON machine> term
deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa0
Type `~?' for help
AT
OK
AT
OK
~.
ppp ON machine> quit

I've recently added this to the RECEIVING INCOMING PPP CONNECTIONS in
the man page.