PPP Dial-in problems

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Mon May 21 14:39:07 BST 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:33:47PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> Bear in mind that incoming authentication is taken from
> /etc/ppp/ppp.secrets - any ``set authkey'' in your config is not used
> unless the peer demands authentication.

Tried that first. Now have both enable PAP and enable CHAP removed as
well as the bit from /etc/gettytab to see if we can get a simple login
prompt up.

As we're getting a stream of garbage I'm now suspecting it's a speed issue.
There is quite a good example on the web
(http://packet.node.to/hacks/ppp-how-to.html) which uses mgetty as
opposed to getty and details quite nicely all the config files. I think I'll
give that a go and see if it doesn't work better.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited