Moving from 3.4 to -STABLE?

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Tue May 15 15:08:17 BST 2001

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 09:25:56AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> I think Joe's instructions were pretty precise - except that you need
> to use KERNEL instead of KERNCONF in 3.x.

Joe's instructions are indeed on the mark.

My question was more directed to how to do an installworld over nfs as I've
never played with NFS and haven't a clue where to start.

As it happens I'm going to have a go a doing an ftp install of 4.2RELEASE
from mounted CD. If I get 4.2 on the machine I may just leave it there.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited