BlueYonder day

John Murphy john at micro.worldonline.co.uk
Sun May 13 23:31:49 BST 2001

The Man from BlueYonder is to call tomorrow to install their HSI product.

I've installed Win95 on a spare HD so the install should go smoothly.

I have a rough idea what I need to do to get FreeBSD working when he's
gone, but any clues would be much appreciated.  The server works well
at present using ppp -nat -auto, but I'm not sure if I need to use NAT
or IPNAT as I intend to use the ipf firewall.  A specific How to URL
would be brilliant.  I guess there are probably several subscribers to
this list who have this working; I'm running 4.x Stable.

One thing that particularly bothers me is this
from an Open BSD cheat sheet:

>Note however I have disabled the block on the 10.0.0.0/8
>network as BY seems to have its DHCP server on this network
>which would prevent us from obtaining an IP address

My private network is in this range; should I change
to a different RFC 1918 range?

Thanks
John.