A couple of PPP related questions

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Wed May 9 15:52:58 BST 2001

I suspect people may already be doing what I want to do, so I thought I'd
ask.

Question 1
Is it possible to get PPP to write it's process ID out to a file? I want to be
able to have a cron job kill the PPP process at night and restart it in the
morning. I could do it by grepping PS for the PID but I wondered if there was
a more elegant solution.

Question 2
Whats the best way to extract the dynamic IP address that's been allocated to
a machine by an ISP. I ideally want the machine to mail this detail out
everytime it makes the connection.  You can probably guess where I'm going
with this one :-)

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited