Gtk-Perl - having problems

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Tue May 8 19:34:21 BST 2001

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 09:42:19AM +0100, Ben Paley wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I had a pretty eventful upgrade from bsd 3.3 to 4.3 in one huge jump,
> so now I'm filling in some of the gaps. I installed Gtk+ and Glib, both v=
ersion
> 1.2.10 with no problems, but Gtk-Perl-0.6123 seems to be a lot harder.
> 	I'm doing
>=20
> perl Makefile.PL
>=20
> 	and getting some error messages, like
>=20
> Use of uninitialized value at ./tools/gendoc.pl line 30, <F> chunk 265.
> Use of uninitialized value at ./tools/gendoc.pl line 31, <F> chunk 265.
> Use of uninitialized value at ./tools/gendoc.pl line 182.
> Use of uninitialized value at ./tools/gendoc.pl line 182.
> Use of uninitialized value at ./tools/gendoc.pl line 182.
>=20
> 	only repeated many more times. This is documentation being compiled, is
> it? Well, that could be worse... I had a look at gendoc.pl but I don't kn=
ow
> enough about perl to understand what the problem is.Then this happens:

Wouldn't it be easier to install this as a port?

# cd /usr/ports
# make search name=3Dgtk | grep p5

There appears to be a port:

/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/p5-Gtk

# cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/p5-Gtk
# cat Makefile

It looks like it's currently at version 0.7005

You're probably trying to install an old version.

You should cvsup your ports collection first and then install it from
there.

Joe=20

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF--