Moving from 3.4 to -STABLE?

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Tue May 8 19:29:34 BST 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:31:20AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > Build kernel:
> >
> > # cd /usr/src && make buildkernel [KERNCONF=3DMYKERNEL]
>
> I think KERNCONF is spelt KERNEL in 3.X.
>

> Why don't you bring the machine along to the BBQ ?  I'm sure someone
> there will have a built /usr/obj and you'll be able to just
> installworld over nfs.

The box is definitely coming with us (along with a few others :-) ), so either
that or figuring out the FTP<->CDROM thing would be good. Maybe i should get
NFS working on one of the internal boxes here too..... ummmmmm.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited