Installing in cylinder in > 1024

Henry Whincup henry at techiebod.com
Wed Mar 28 11:37:43 BST 2001

This looks like it may help: From 'man boot0cfg':
--
-o options
   A comma-separated string of any of the following options may be

   packet Use the disk packet (BIOS Int 0x13 extensions)  interface,
          as as opposed to the legacy (CHS) interface, when doing
          disk I/O.  This allows booting above cylinder 1023, but
          requires specific BIOS support.  The default is `nopacket'.

--

However you can use grub if you prefer (I think there was an article on it
at http://www.daemonnews.org/).

As for 4.3 it is in the process of being released, so soon-ish!

cheers

Henry