Installing in cylinder in > 1024

Will Macdonald wfm at macscan.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 11:30:15 BST 2001

Hi,

I have just joined the list. I am looking for a couple of quick answers.

On my laptop I have a 12GB hard disk. The first 4GB are used for a windows
partition. I would like to install FreeBSD in the rest.

I have tried and failed a couple of time so far to get the boot loader
working properly. From my research it looks like the bootloader still cannot
handle booting from a partition above 1024. I know GRUB can do this. Is it
possible to make freebsd use GRUB by default ? If not are there any other
boot loaders people can recommend ?

I have also read that 4.3 will be released soon, does any one know when ??

Thanks,

Will

mailto:wfm at macscan.co.uk
http://www.williammacdonald.com/