DNS for a Demon dial-up domain

Simon Griffiths simon.g at claycrossbs.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 15:55:01 BST 2001

Hi Neil,

At home I just setup a domain for all the internal machines and then I let
named have free run of the internets root servers.  I guess it also depends
on whether you want to use demons name servers.  We went this route because
at the time I was setting the freebsd router I was moving from one ISP to
another quite frequently and it made looking after bind somewhat simpler
that re-configuring each and everytime I dialled a different number.

HTH

Si.

PS. if you want a sample setup let me know and I'll mail my config files
etc.. over once I'm at home.