DNS for a Demon dial-up domain

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Mon Mar 26 13:57:59 BST 2001

Thanks to Mac OS X's crazy way of handling /etc/hosts files (it doesn't!), I'm
finally having to look at getting DNS working in the flat.

What I think I need is a DNS server just to provide details for just the
machines on the local network and to pass on aything else to Demon's
nameservers. Currently I have all of the machines set-up as
something.binky.demon.co.uk. The thing I'm not sure about is how I do this
without screwing up DNS for binky.demon.co.uk.

Is what I'm trying to achieve possible or should I be doing something
different? All and any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Neil.