Sound card problems

Roger McCalman roger at runcircle.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 15:34:42 GMT 2001

I had similar problems running DAP and sox on 4.2-Stable. I found
that if the error code is ignored the format is usully OK.

I was also using wavplay and waverec. wavplay would work up until
DAP tried to configure the sound card and then fail. I hacked the
code to wavplay to ignore the error codes and then check the current
format; if it was OK it continues. This then seems to get the driver/card
into the correct state again.

I did'nt have much time to delve into the problem but I use my
hacked version of wavplay to reset the sound card for DAP.

Cheers, Roger