What does /usr/X11R6/bin/uic do and how can I replace it?

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Wed Mar 21 18:59:46 GMT 2001

David Marsh at home wrote:

> Strangely enough, it doesn't look like I did, actually. I naively assumed
that the kde2 meta-port would take care of everything for me.

Yeah, sometimes the dependency list is broken.

> I did try to install the qt22 port (version 2.2.4) a few times, but each
time the compilation kept crashing out in a different place (I guess my
hardware is just too cheapo :-( ).

The compiler crashed or found errors?  Have you got the error
messages to hand?

> I then tried to install the qt package, which complained that it didn't
> have libmng1.0.0. The newest I can see on the FreeBSD website is
> libmng0.9.3!

The latest port is version 1.0.0 - either download teh port from
freshports.org or update your ports tree with cvsup.

> The qt package also demands XFree86 3.3.6[something] (hmm, I'm not actually
sure what's what now - I wasn't paying too much attention to the periods and
underscores),  I'm running XFree86 3.3.6_7, which I /thought/ was newer than
it requested, but it still seemed unhappy.

Hmm.

> All well and good (seemingly), but when I try to make kde2:
>
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/x11/kdebase2/work/kdebase-2.0.1/kicker/proxy'
> Making all in applets
> gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/x11/kdebase2/work/kdebase-2.0.1/kicker/applets'
> Making all in clock
> gmake[4]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/x11/kdebase2/work/kdebase-2.0.1/kicker/applets/clock'
> /usr/X11R6/bin/uic -o conf.h ./conf.ui
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmng.so.1" not found
> gmake[4]: *** [conf.h] Error 1

I presume you've only got a libmng.so.0.  Test this with
'ldconfig -r | grep mng'.  An ugly hack would be to link
libmng.so.1 to libmng.so.0, but the best solution would be to build
the library from teh port.

--
C-YA
Jon