named keeps crashing

Brian Somers brian at awfulhak.org
Fri Mar 16 01:50:11 GMT 2001

> hi
>    I am running named 8.23-T5B and it keeps core dumping. I look in the logs
> and see a workstation trying to update a zone file. How would i stop named
> crashing and is that version the one with the bug. if should how would i
> update it ?

The security advisory was about all versions 8.X pre 8.2.3-REL.

I used cvsup to update it.  If you're not interested in upgrading, your
whole system, there's probably a patch running around somewhere if you
search the security advisories & lists.

I believe the port has also been updated (if you cvsup the ports).