talk to WYLUG about FreeBSD

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Wed Mar 14 00:50:37 GMT 2001

> One of the staff here at Leeds asked me to give a talk about FreeBSD
> to the West Yorks Linux User Group.  Now this (speaking to more than
> about 3 people at once!) is the sort of thing I'm no good at, or more to
> the point, answering the inevitable question of "Why is FreeBSD better
> than Linux" is something I'm not very good at ("it just is, damn it"
> doesn't go down well) but would anyone here be willing to give such a
> talk?  Possibly more than one person, possibly working with me on it, I
> don't know yet.
>
> Anyone even slightly interested?

Yes, I'm interested from a championing-FreeBSD perspective rather
than trying to compare FreeBSD with linux.  I know little about linux
that's first hand.

I'm busy 'till the end of the week and I'm away Monday 'till
Wednesday (21st), but after that would be good.

--
Brian <brian at freebsd-services.co.uk>              <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.co.uk/      <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>