Netscape Libraries

Paul.Newman at pgen.com Paul.Newman at pgen.com
Fri Mar 2 12:12:30 GMT 2001

You should follow make buildworld with make installworld with a make buildkernel
and a make installkernel.

Nik Clayton has done a very useful article on make world : "Making the World
Your Own." see

http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html

You can also check out stuff on freebsddiary.org but I doubt you'll need to
after reading Nik's paper

This morning install world has finished with no errors.  Rebooted to see
FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE in my start-up????

Is there something else I need to do to use this source that I spent hours
downloading and compiling ....

prohibited.

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax                +44 (0) 2476 42 5432