Netscape Shared libs !!!!!!

julian julian
Fri Mar 2 08:50:08 GMT 2001

O.K.

I have ( over the last 12 hours ) actually done as you have described bellow
strangely enough.  I  have used cvsup to up date my source, the supfiles
came from Freebsd web site (stable-supfile for 4.2) I did this under X with
the GUI running, 2hrs later - finished successfully.

I am currently running 4.2-RELEASE downloaded about a month ago and I wanted
to move to 4.2-STABLE.

I updated /etc/make.conf, added COMPAT22= yes (sorry, just being lazy
before).  checked /etc/group o.k. it  matched /usr/src/etc/group.  Rebooted
in single user mode, removed copies of objects, then did make -j4
buildworld, 3.5hrs did make installworld.

This morning install world has finished with no errors.  Rebooted to see
FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE in my start-up????

I even deinstalled Netscape ( from ports/www/netscape47-navigator, one of
many versions I have tried!) and reinstalled and got the same message as
before ... cannot find shared lib libXt.so.6.0 ... and I have also
previously installed the aout compat libraries (from the CD, and I also
built and installed the port just to be sure) and this has had no effect ???

Is there something else I need to do to use this source that I spent hours
downloading and compiling ....

any help appreciated as always,
and thanks again for your continued help!

Julian
Julian at inty.net  /  Dev at JamsoftCorp.co.uk