How can i change the desktop size in X

Dan Cuthbert dan at afx.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 19:26:02 BST 2001

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

Hiya

Okay in your config file, you should see this section

------------------snip-----------------------------

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth 24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes     "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes       "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "6=
40x480"

        EndSubSection
EndSection

Now best bet here would be to keep both the 16bpp and 24bpp sections (i hav=
e snipped the rest out to make this mail smallish)

what you would need to do is change the options so that your line would read

Modes	"800x600"

Also you can use the CTRL + ALT + "+" "-" to phase through the res sizes
what ver of X is this

Dan

* Julian McIntosh (Julian at inty.net) tapped away like a little monkey: