Netscape on FreeBSD-4.3

Andrew Boothman andrew at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Wed Jun 20 20:26:10 BST 2001

Hey!

I'm having some trouble getting any (native, linux or mozilla) version of
Netscape to run under FreeBSD-4.3.

I recently completely nuked my existing FreeBSD installation, and installed
FreeBSD-4.3 from scratch by FTP. Now when I try to run any version of
netscape, I get an error saying that the library libXt.so.6 could not be found.

But there is a library (or something similar - i'm not on the machine right
now) in /usr/X11R6/lib

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I'm using a fresh
out-of-the-box installation of 4.3 so I don't know what the problem could be.

Thanks!

Andrew.