New UK FreeBSD Site (was RE: a/s/l?)

Andrew Boothman andrew at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Tue Jun 19 20:20:16 BST 2001

At 07:58 PM 19/06/01 +0100, Scott Taggart wrote:
>This thread has gone on for quite a while now... it's wandered a bit of
>subject :) Point is... if you do choose to go ahead with an organisation
>of all the people in the UKUG for easy searching, maybe even including
>specialities... er... willingness to participate in projects... all that
>sort of stuff... it would be a good idea and you've got plenty of backing
>for all aspects of it :) If people commit to what they say then we should
>have one nice organisation point for users :) We just need a
>whistle-blower :)

Actually, the conversation continued off-list, and Brian Somers, Paul
Richards, Sam Smith, Paul Civati and myself have all been making
arrangements to move forward with the idea.

Basically, we think the site will be built on www.bsdworld.net, and we are
currently sorting out the details of precisely what will be on the site and
how.

Some basic ground code is already down, and Sam and I just have to fight to
the death to decide whose code gets used :-)

Andrew.