(no subject)

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Tue Jun 19 14:34:32 BST 2001

Bcc:
Subject: Re: New UK FreeBSD Site (was RE: a/s/l?)

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 02:20:45PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> I'm not sure who wrote:
> > As you are going to be doing a new site? have you thought about having the
> > same type of system as the linux users groups with the maillng lists and the
> > web address ? where they are all www.whereever.lug.uk.org or what ever it is
> > ? or will each freebsd user group be completely different to every one else
> We could certainly have http://www.freebsd.lug.uk.org/ redirecting
> to http://ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org/ (in the same way that
> www.FreeBSD.co.uk does at the moment) and we could do likewise for
> the mailing list, but there doesn't seem to be a ``lug.uk.org'' at
> the moment...

I think he means lug.org.uk, which is where the UK Linux User Groups
tend to hang off. A subdomain of .lug.org.uk strikes me as inappropriate
for FreeBSD though, but I think the suggestion was that the same sort of
system be used for the FreeBSD UGs.

J.

(Harpenden, Herts FWIW.)

--
Programmer, |  A bug in the hand is better than   | Tel/SMS (Orange):
sysadmin &  |       one as yet undetected.        |  +44-7974-678646