a/s/l?

Andrew Boothman andrew at dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Tue Jun 19 00:56:30 BST 2001

At 12:40 AM 19/06/01 +0100, you wrote:

> > Sure, i'm happy to help out in any way I can... including get over the
> > technical problems... may I just suggest a sql DB dump... an upload via
> > scp then a periodic (maybe crontab) insertion of the dump into the mirror
> > db :)
>
>Recent versions of mysql support replication. So with a bit of
>port forwarding with ssh it could be a real-time mirror.

Cool - sounds promising - if a little too easy to be fun!

>What about using LDAP then people could use it as an address book?

Very nice. I guess it all depends on what software (and which versions) is
or could be installed on storm.

I've got a week or two spare now that I'm finished Uni for the summer,
before I start working, so I'll be playing with ideas like this on my own
machine for a bit.

Andrew.