a/s/l?

Martin Smith martin at chiron-s.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 22:34:57 BST 2001

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 03:47:26PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> --On Sunday, June 17, 2001 15:32:39 +0100 Neil Ford <neil at ourshack.com>
> wrote:

> >> ..
> >>
> >> London North West (Kilburn) ... trying to introduce FreeBSD to small
> >> businesses (those fed up with peer-to-peer or NT), and to learn more
> >> on the way.
> >>
> >> Serge
> >>
> > Billingshurst, West Sussex.... doing exactly the same thing as Serge....
> > there seem to be quite a few of us trying to achieve the same thing, but
> > I think there are enough small-businesses to go round (hopefully :-) ).

more than enough I would wager, it is just a matter of reaching them...

> > Maybe we should have a special interest group meeting sometime?
>
> I think that would be a good idea.

I would go for that, I am based in sunny south london, the rural part of peckhammost of my work is supporting voluntary organisations and charities, actually most of it seems to be scrubbing viruses from ms machines, yuk! I also have a close association with GreenNet who are currently 99% solaris and 1% NT, I am hoping to install an FBSD backup post server for them later this year

--
Martin Smith