a/s/l?

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Mon Jun 18 11:07:32 BST 2001

Mark Ovens <marko at freebsd.org> wrote:

> ISTR that Lee (Johnstone) took it down around about the time I
> put together that file in order to clean it up. IOW, to get rid
> of all those who weren't really "members" but had just signed up
> to see what it was all about. I think the plan was that we all
> had to re-join. Can't recall what happened in the end although,
> to be fair to Lee, I think that he is a student and so probably
> hasn't got as much time as he would wish to maintain the website.
> (Lee: apologies if I've got that wrong).

Perhaps we should scrap this old (and by the sounds of things,
out-of-date) database and come up with something that provides
each member with a little "account" so they can maintain their
own details.

Then add some more fields for users level of expertise, areas of
interest, and if they are willing to be a contact point for helping
out new users in their local area, etc.

I like Paul's bsdworld.net idea a lot, but that sounds like a
much bigger longer term project.

Thoughts?

-Paul-