a/s/l?

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 18 00:32:15 BST 2001

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 12:19:50AM +0100, Paul Civati wrote:
> Mark Ovens <marko at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > > Is there any way to find out where members are, geographically? e.g. I'm
> > > in Birmingham (Halesowen, specifically) and would be interested in knowing
> > > if there are other people around here on this list, etc. I'm guessing the
> >
> > I did an analysis of the UKUG membership based on geographical location
> > about a year ago. The results can be found at
> >
> > ftp://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/pub/mark/regions.txt
> >
> > obviously things may have changed since then.
>
> The FreeBSD UK Users' Group web site used to have a members list
> with locations, but it's been disabled for ages.
>
> Why not bring this back?

ISTR that Lee (Johnstone) took it down around about the time I put together
that file in order to clean it up. IOW, to get rid of all those who weren't
really "members" but had just signed up to see what it was all about. I
think the plan was that we all had to re-join. Can't recall what happened
in the end although, to be fair to Lee, I think that he is a student and so
probably hasn't got as much time as he would wish to maintain the website.
(Lee: apologies if I've got that wrong).