a/s/l?

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 16:44:19 BST 2001

--On Saturday, June 16, 2001 16:22:33 +0100 Dominic Marks
<dominic_marks at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 04:11:09PM +0100, Andrew McKay wrote:
>> Is there any way to find out where members are, geographically? e.g. I'm
>
> Well if we all respond with our locale (rounded to closest city for
> ease) someone could put up a nice little table or chart?

I've got a little project on the back burner to do something like that. I
even registered a domain name for it, bsdworld.net. My idea was to create a
big database of BSD resources around the world, like locations of users,
support companies and so on and if possible get a big map and do xearth
type stuff so you can see where things are at different zoom levels by
looking at the map.

If someone's interested in working on that then FreeBSD Services can
provide the web server resources, as long as you're happy using Postgresql
as the backend since that's what's on the server, and we can build up a
site at www.bsdworld.net that can become a focal point for things like this.

Paul.