more problems

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 22:45:18 BST 2001

Will Macdonald <wfm at macscan.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi again,
>
>Thanks for all the help regarding claiming back space after doing a =
CVSup.

>I have one more question, if that is OK.
>
>When I originally installed 4.2 I also installed the ports tree, and =
then=20
>used it to install Python-2.0
>
>Since then I have downloaded a new copy of the ports.tar.gz and =
installed the=20
>file.
>
>I was unabel to find any method of upgrading from Py 2.0 to 2.1, so I =
did=20
>pkg_delete python-2.0 (?). I have now gone back into lang/python and =
done=20
>make clean, make install.

There's a new pkg_update command in '4.3:

     The pkg_update command is used to update an already installed =
package.
     It takes care of propagating dependencies from the replaced versions=
     the newly installed version.  It would normally be used to replace =
all
     currently installed versions of a package with a more current =
version.
     It can also be used to revert a package to an older version by =
specifying
     the version to be replaced with the -r option.

Just thought I'd mention it :)

John.