more problems

Will Macdonald wfm at macscan.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 23:38:26 BST 2001

Hi again,

Thanks for all the help regarding claiming back space after doing a CVSup.

I have one more question, if that is OK.

When I originally installed 4.2 I also installed the ports tree, and then
used it to install Python-2.0

Since then I have downloaded a new copy of the ports.tar.gz and installed the
file.

I was unabel to find any method of upgrading from Py 2.0 to 2.1, so I did
pkg_delete python-2.0 (?). I have now gone back into lang/python and done
make clean, make install.

It comes back with this:

Checksum OK for python/Python-2.1.tgz.
===>  Patching for python-2.1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for python-2.1
File to patch:
No file found--skip this patch? [n]
File to patch:

I have not found any details of files to patch. Is this because I deleted the
old version first ??

What is the correct procedure in this case ??

Will

mailto:wfm at macscan.co.uk
http://www.williammacdonald.com/