java/jre/jdk

Antony T Curtis antony at abacus.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 16:04:36 BST 2001

Spencer Marshall wrote:

> I am trying to find a working version of 1.2.2 of the above, but I am
> unable to download it from the java site (looks like I live in the wrong
> country).  I have tried to use the port from
> http://www.jmcm.org/tech/ports/linux_jdk.html but I have a later version
> of make than Makefile.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

There is a beta of the Sun JDK 1.2.2 port in the ports collection. You
have to compile this yourself - and will need about 120MB disk space to
do the compile.

(Due to licensing restrictions, the binaries cannot be distributed until
the JRE/JDK passes Sun's compliancy tests and AFAIK, that costs money)

--
ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670