problem with dual boot and network

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Wed Jun 6 10:53:38 BST 2001

Spencer Marshall <spencerm at uk.uu.net> wrote:

> The machine dual boots to win95 which was a pre FreeBSD install.  It
> dual boots into win95 without a problem except, win95 does not configure
> the NIC (Toshiba PCI FastEther LAN on Docker).  If I delete the NIC, and
> reboot, it finds it, however, on reboot, I get the yellow question mark.

Have you tried power cycling between reboots?

I have found this problem on my IBM Thinkpad 240, as I recall if I
reboot from FreeBSD (3.4 I think) to Win98 (or maybe the other way
around) it won't initialise the PCMCIA card.

I guess something somewhere gets into a strange state and the card
doesn't get initialised properly.

-Paul-