[EBUG] Con fee

Ashley Penney ashp at unloved.org
Tue Jul 31 16:00:58 BST 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 04:03:19PM +0100, Paul Robinson said:
> On Jul 31, Paul Richards <paul at freebsd-services.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I've been toying with the idea of "patronage" though, whereby those that
> > can afford to will pay over the odds for the conference and that money will
> > be used to subsidise the costs. If people think it's a workable idea then I
> > could adjust it so that the patronage fees are put in a bursary fund that's
> > used to subsidise the cost of the con to certain group, like students.
>
> That's a good idea. I shall converse with others within the company to see
> if we're able to help out on this front at a corporate level. Otherwise, I
> shall break open the piggy bank (sic) and see if I can help out personally.

I just mailed the european Yahoo development list in the hope of drumming
up some interest in some form of sponsorship.  No doubt I'll be crushed
by management, but it's always a possiblity I guess.

--
<bk> Interxion Consultancy
<bk> "If we fuck up, you can pay us ridiculous amounts of money to fix it."