Our Website has been cracked!!!!

Lee Johnston lee at uk.freebsd.org
Thu Jul 26 00:32:16 BST 2001

The main site has been restored... For those interested the original
page from the hack is at http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/old.html.

It looks like they've just replaced all index.html files with their
version.

I'll e-mail Ian, to see if we can restore a earlier backup.

Appologies to all those effected.

Lee.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:46:29PM +0100, Andrew Boothman wrote:
> I know mine was, http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~andrew
>
> You can see what users are on the machine by looking in the /home/dogma
> directory on the box.
>
> But, somebody with root *really* should remove all these pages, and
> reinstall the box with the last known clean backup. Which might well
> mean a reinstall from CD.....
>
> Neil Ford wrote:
>
> > Anyone have a list of users so we can check other user pages?

Lee Johnston (lee at uk.FreeBSD.org)
UKUG Co-ordinator