Lucent wavelan giving wi0: watchdog timeout

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Mon Jul 16 15:47:56 BST 2001

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 12:08:41PM +0100, Roger McCalman wrote:
> I recently got 2 Lucent Orinoco cards, 1 for my laptop and one
> for my desktop box. The laptop top appears to work fine.
>
> The desktop is accessed via a PCI to PCMIA adaptor and when the
> network link is brought up using ifconfig it gives
>
> wi0: watchdog timeout

It should be pointed out the the PCI adapter is a very touchy piece of
hardware, Lucent's recommendation is you only use it in a machine that has
no ISA bus whatsoever and is compliant with the latest PCI spec (2.something).
In all other cases they recommend using the ISA card.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited
neil at yacsc.com