How do I download new port 'skeletons' in one operation?

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Sun Jul 15 14:55:59 BST 2001

hi,

sorry for delay. you may have worked this out already, but..

'porteasy -u -a' will update  your highest level ports directory,
i.e. and it expects an empty directory, so you'll probably clean
out your existing tree or at least mv it to a different name.
'-a' tell porteasy to go to "the" freebsd anonymous cvs server,
anoncvs.freebsd.org. (which is a different beast to a cvsup server)
It's not obvious to me how many, if any, anoncvs mirrors are available,
so you'll use the US one to begin with.

'porteasy -u -a' will create the following files.

U ports/.cvsignore
U ports/INDEX
U ports/LEGAL
U ports/Makefile
U ports/README
U Mk/bsd.emacs.mk
U Mk/bsd.gnome.mk
U Mk/bsd.kde.mk
U Mk/bsd.port.mk
U Mk/bsd.port.post.mk
U Mk/bsd.port.pre.mk
U Mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk
U Mk/bsd.python.mk
U Mk/bsd.ruby.mk
U Mk/bsd.sites.mk

To do this one one step, creating directories as required, for a given
port

'porteasy -u -a emacs-20.7' will create/update the high level directories
plus all the directories for that port emacs-20.7.

You should be able to ignore the cvs side of things unless you
want to tune or tweak something.

- Mark